While it is true that fast food is delicious and enticing, we cannot deny the fact that there are many harmful effects of fast food to our health. It is not only unhealthy but you are putting your well-being in danger when you consume fast food. Fast food is patronized by consumers especially those who are looking for a quick meal because fast food is here to make life more convenient.
Fast food meals are filled with sugar and salt and most are high in fat content. They also contain food additives such as olestra, sodium nitrate, sugar substitutes and artificial colorings among others. Most fast food chains offer carbonated soda to go with the meals and some restaurants even offer unlimited refills for dine-ins. Other fast food meals you must avoid eating on a regular basis include French fries, deep fried chicken, ice cream shakes, pot pie, cheeseburgers, macaroni and cheese, cream cheese dessert pies, hash browns, and fried pies.
If we are to list the top 7 most unhealthy fast food meals (in no particular order), the list would include:
1. McDonald’s Deluxe Breakfast. This meal consists of pancakes (with margarine and syrup), sausage, eggs, a biscuit and hash browns. It sounds like a hearty breakfast right? But this meal has a total of 1220 calories and 550 grams of fat. This meal will hurt you in the future especially when consumed on a regular basis.
2. Burger King’s Triple Whopper with Cheese. Just a Whopper with Cheese alone will give you 760 calories and 47 grams fat so you can just imagine how much calories and fat you can get with the Triple Whopper with Cheese, not to mention the French fries and soda drink to go with the meal.
3. The Taco Bell Fiesta Taco Salad. It may sound healthy but this refreshing, crisp salad is included on the list because the whole meal is loaded with 960 calories and 46 grams of fat.
4. Stuffed Crust Meat Lover’s Pie from Pizza Hut. Two slices of this and your body is loaded with 1,000 calories and 82 grams fat.
5. Hotdog Sandwich is delicious, economical, and easy to eat and you can devour it real quick. However, the hotdog alone contain preservatives and artificial flavors which makes it unhealthy and then you add side products like sauces, cheese, and bacon among others which makes it even more unhealthy.
6. Some fast food meals are so deliciously prepared that you might be blinded about the health risks that they bring to your well-being. A good example is a Chicken, Bacon, & Ranch Sandwich. It contains all-white chicken meat, crispy bacon, cheese, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes and lettuce, all deliciously stuffed in a tasty bread. It looks fresh and a great sandwich for your money but the truth is that you are getting 570 calories from this simple sandwich alone.
7. A quesadilla burger looks healthy and will really make your tummy so much happiness. But this heavenly food still made it to the list of the worst fast food choices because it is loaded with 1,400 calories 945 calories coming from fat.
Aside from the top 7 most unhealthy fast food meals mentioned above, here are some foods that made it to the honorable mention list: Wendy’s Baconator Triple, Sonic’s SuperSonic Cheeseburger, Burger King’s BK Quad Stacker, Domino’s Bread Bowl Pizza, In-N-Out Burger’s Double Double With Onion, Arby’s Large Beef n’ Cheddar, Popeye’s Breast-Leg-Biscuit, Taco Bell’s Chipotle Steak Taco Salad, White Castle’s Sack of 4 Cheeseburgers, and Jack in the Box’s Jumbo Jack With Cheese.
It may be hard to resist our tasty guilty pleasures, but when we are already standing in line at any fast food chain that we often go to, try counting the calories and the bad substances that these fast food meals can give to our body.