Wash your hand thoroughly especially after using the toilet and before handling food. This is also a good way on how to avoid gastroenteritis or more commonly known as stomach flu.Are you currently experiencing diarrhea, abdominal cramps, vomiting and fatigue? If the answer is yes, then, you need to consult your doctor and ask for ways on how to cure amoebiasis because you may be suffering from it.
Amebiasis is a parasitic infection and the amoeba known as Entamoeba Histolytica causes it. This amoeba can usually stay in your body for long periods of time without causing any harm and equivalently without your knowledge. However, the parasite has the potential to be lethal, especially if not treated immediately.
The best way on how to cure amoebiasis can only be done through taking special medication.
Eliminating the amoebae from the colon may require a treatment that could last from one to three weeks. The drug 2-dehydroemetine, when used as treatment for seven days with ratio of 1mg per kg of body weight may destroy the parasite residing both in the the tissues and in the colonic lumen. Other tested drugs that can help treat amoebiasis include metronidazole (Flagyl), entero-vioforme, and milibis.
Like every other diseases, prevention is always better than cure. So below is a list of ways to prevent being infected by amoebiasis.
- Eat anti-parasitic foods such as pineapple and raw garlic, which has anti-parasitic properties.
- Avoid eating raw vegetables. Wash them first with hot water before eating. Thoroughly wash fruits before eating. Peel their skin if needed.
- Avoid eating raw meat. If you’re preparing your food, ensure that you’re thoroughly cooking the meat.
- Avoid eating street foods, especially in places where you have to share condiments with other customers.
- Only drink purified or treated water. Another alternative is to boil your drinking water or treat it using iodine tablets. Curious about the benefits of drinking plenty of water?
- Boost your immune system because this is your first defense against different types of infections.
- When travelling, be very cautious about the food and water that you’ll be taking. Also be extra careful about places where you plan to take a swim.
- Before using a public urinal, make it a habit to clean the toilet seat using baby/toilet/wet wipes or tissue with alcohol.
- If you leave food on your dining table or on top of kitchen counters, be sure to cover them to prevent fly contamination as flies are known to be carriers of parasites.
- When camping, be sure to keep human waste away from areas where you do your cooking.