If you believe that you can get rid of your gut while keeping the rest of your body out of shape, you better think again because it doesn’t actually work that way. There may be “magic pills” that promise to help you lose weight or your belly, but in reality, the best way to get maximum results in losing your gut is to have a fit body.
When you start getting your whole body in shape, and not resort to artificial pills or any other quick fix products, it would be easier for you to get rid of your bulging belly. When you start to get your whole body in shape, you need to practice a healthy lifestyle. This means you need to exercise and eat a healthy diet. It may sound difficult and you may have this notion that it requires a great amount of effort, but you can make it not as hard as you actually think it is. When you talk about a healthy diet, you simply need to eat the right stuff. But if you insist on looking for foods that will really target your belly fats, then here are 7 foods that will help you lose your gut.
1. Salads. Fruit and vegetable salads are low in calories. You can have cucumber, lettuce, capsicum, cabbage, beetroot, carrot and tomato and for a healthy dressing you can have curd or lemon. Instead of more meat, add more raw vegetables to your sandwiches for a healthier alternative.
2. Potatoes. Depending on how they are cooked, potatoes can actually help you lose weight. Any other forms of fried potatoes are high in fat so this is not what we are talking about here. The potatoes that should be included in your diet are those that are boiled, baked or any potatoes that are cooked less the fatty accompaniment.
3. Juicy Foods. Foods with high water content will help you feel full minus the calories so you can have them all throughout the day. Some of these juicy foods that you better include in your diet are cantaloupe, grapefruit, mushrooms, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, and watermelon.
4. Lean Protein. Protein can help boost your metabolism after eating. When you are trying to lose your gut, it would make a difference if you can include some type of lean protein to your diet. Lentils, beans, low-fat dairy, lean red meat, tofu, turkey breast, shrimp, crab, egg whites, wild salmon, canned light tuna, and chicken breast are some of the foods that are great sources of lean protein.
5. Grapes and Oranges. It would be nice to munch on chocolates or any of your favorite candies after a hard day. The idea sounds good but it’s not actually good for your body. Munching grapes is a much better alternative. Although grapes have high sugar content, you can just toss them in your mouth and have the same soothing effect but less the fat the chocolates and candies have. But of course, see to it that you don’t overeat.
6. Jalapenos. The reason why jalapenos can help burn fat is the chemical called capsaicin present in them. Capsaicin helps in speeding up your heart rate thus speeding up the metabolism as well. Jalapenos are also low in calories and they give you the feeling of having extra energy. But of course you have to eat them in moderation because you will not like the result if you eat too much of this type of food.
7. Foods rich in fiber. There are two types of fibers, soluble and insoluble. Both are helpful when you are trying to lose weight. Foods get higher volume but less the calories because of insoluble fiber. These foods include fruits and vegetables, wheat bran, whole wheat bread and cereals that are high in fiber. Food with soluble fiber on the other hand provides a fuller feeling for longer periods of time as they slow down the passage of food to your gut. Beans, chickpeas, oatmeal, pears, apples and strawberries have high amounts of soluble fiber.